Monday, March 30, 2009

Revelation 21:4

When I read this verse a few weeks ago I swear I thought it read
And God will wipe away every tear from there eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor tiredness. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
I just realized I added in "nor tiredness" this morning when I was looking it up! I swear, it said "no more tiredness" earlier.. or was that just wishful thinking?

Seems like whenever someone asks me how I'm doing the first response I want to say is "Tired." With a baby who's not sleeping through the night, plus a visit or two from the older children during the night (although that has been cut down thanks to the "ticket" system--incentives are great), mixed in with getting up so early in the morning and staying up late at night (gotta have some husband time) I am just very tired. This morning I slept through the alarm for 10 minutes--10 minutes! I've NEVER done that before. One or two minutes, yes, but never 10.

This week will be a lighter week thankfully with no T-Ball thanks to Spring Break or school thanks to the year-round schedule we're trying. So I can get a small reprieve. Thank you, Jesus.

Speaking of schooling, I've been trying to get Ryan used to the idea of year-round schooling for a while now. He gets burned out of teaching and handling four kids all day long. So he's starting a 6 week on, 2 week off schedule and we'll see how that does. I only do one or two subjects at a time, and it does become tiring. Having the two week break will allow us to focus on what's next in each subject, come up with better ideas than "Let's just get through it" and help us to enjoy teaching more, which in turn will make the kids more excited about the subjects. :)

We had some terrible weather here this weekend so we took full advantage of it and did an entire afternoon/evening of crafts on Saturday and Sunday. The kids watercolored, finger painted, did some stain glass (ie--plastic), made aliens and monsters out of clay, and I can't even remember what else. It was SUCH a great time. Now I have to find a place to store all of their projects.

I'm going to end the post with this:
Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.

-Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment