Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vacation!

We had a wonderfully relaxing vacation last week. So I don't forget what we did, I'm going to jot it down here:
Wednesday
We went shopping for a bit that morning then went back to the hotel to play on the playground. It was really windy and a bit chilly that day, but the kids had a blast.

Thursday
We celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday (a few days late) by reading some of his books, learning the history behind his books, creating our own Seuss characters, and doing various worksheets. Both Ryan and I grew up reading Dr. Seuss and have passed many of his books onto our kids (and have purchased a few as well). Hadassah can read most of his books now (and is so excited about it) and Zoe can read the easier ones like "Hop on Pop." We also spent the afternoon at the playground where the kids made some more friends.

Friday
We picked up some clothes for Dassah to grow into this summer (thank you, Lord) and had a good time just looking around at different things. We finished up some more Dr. Seuss stuff and headed for the pool. The resort has a great children's pool area where kids who can't exactly swim can play. It's a mini water-park and has a mini splash pool, too. The kids had a BLAST! Even Gavin went 'swimming'. I kept him on my lap and let him dip his legs into the pool, then he just stared at the water for a good five minutes. Eventually he dipped his hands in the water and then splashed away for probably 30 minutes. He would splash himself in the face, which startled him, then get right back to playing. They all loved it.

Saturday
We had another lazy day of playing on the play ground and swimming. Gavin fell asleep on the way to the pool (close to a 10 minute walk from our room) so I sat with him under an umbrella for a good while just listening to him snore and watching the three oldest splash around. I wish we had a pool at home so the kids could always enjoy swimming, but I guess since we don't have one it just makes it more special to go the pool at the hotel. After dinner we packed up our luggage so we could get an early start the next morning.

We got home on Sunday and headed for my in-laws house. My mother-in-law just got back from visiting her mom in England, so we hadn't seen her for almost a month. It was good to see her again and the kids missed Nanny and Pop a lot.

All in all it was a very relaxing vacation. Lots of time spent with family and I even kicked Ryan butt at a new card game more than once (always good) and we taught the girls how to play Uno. It's nice to be able to get away and relax, I see why God instituted the Sabbath day for us to rest. Wish I took it up more often, but it's hard to when balancing family, work, home schooling, and life. But I wouldn't trade it for anything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment