The girls had another game this Saturday. Hadassah had to stay home due to the terrible cold she's had for a week. Zoe was finally well enough to play and she actually did pretty well :) Playing outfield or baseman is NOT her forte, but at least she's now watching the ball. What she did so well was hit the ball. She's a lefty, but comes up to the plate like a righty which has totally confused her coach. Well this game she and he finally got it (I won't have to yell "Coach, she's a lefty!" anymore!!). She had two REALLY good hits! The first really good hit surprised her so much that she just stood there with the ball. It was like she was thinking "Oh, wow. Did I really hit that?" All of us parents were screaming "Good hit Zoe! Now run! Run, Zoe, run!" Yes, it took me back to Forest Gump. When she did finally end up running, the first baseman had the ball and tagged her out. But I was so proud of her!! I need to get outside and help the girls with their hitting, catching, and throwing a bit.. but it's hard to find the time after I get off of work.
The kids are all at different stages of a cold. Seems like Hadassah and Gavin are having the worst of it. I think Zoe's just about over it, even her cough is sounding better. Gareth's cough is terrible and he gets irritable easily, but quick naps help rectify the situation. :) Hadassah and Gavin are just miserable. Although Hadassah tells you she feels better, her appetite isn't there and you can tell by looking at her swollen little face that she's not 100% yet.
So far, neither Ryan nor I have caught it - thank You, Lord. But unfortunately it looks like my Dad may have it.
On a completely different subject, I love when this happens: you read a book of the Bible, take down TONS of notes and highlight like crazy only to come to it again a year or so later and glean even MORE out of it than you did the first time. It's like you read it and think "Wow? How did I not see this or notice this before?" It's awesome. I look forward to reading through His precious Word for the rest of my life. Can't wait to see what He shows me next :)
No comments:
Post a Comment