So we had another game on Saturday and both girls were AWESOME! On Wednesday afternoon we practiced hitting, throwing, and catching in the backyard. Then Thursday evening we had a game, so I don't know if that is what made the difference or not, but they were fantastic. The girls each hit the ball REALLY well. Hadassah made either 1 or 2 runs, I don't think Zoe ever did, but only because she was one of the last batters each time she hit.
During one inning, Hadassah played 1st base and did a great job chasing after and catching the ball. One thing I do need to tell her though is to not leave 1st base to chase the ball, let one of the short stops do it so she can be on base ready to catch it. But wow, she was great.
Zoe played pitcher one inning (I cringed when coach put her up there, b/c it's hard for her to pay attention to the ball) but she impressed all of us. Within the first few swings, she was watching the ball and tried to catch a few of them. One ball she did catch and did a great throw to 1st base. The coach ran over to her and said "Way to go, Zoe!" You could see her excitement on her face. I was one proud Mama :)
Another breakthrough, Gavin got his first two teeth this week. One on Tuesday and one on Saturday. I'm hoping that's why he was so feverish last week.
While Gavin got two teeth in, Hadassah has two teeth coming out. Her first loose teeth! She is SO excited. One day last week she mentioned that her tooth was hurting her and I thought "Oh no, not a cavity, please." I checked it and it was fine. Well yesterday we had some corn on the cob and she asked me to cut it off the cob because it was too hard to eat. I looked at her tooth and it is SOO wiggly, it should come out sometime soon. Later one I checked the rest of her teeth, and her other bottom tooth is loose, but just a teeny bit. My baby girl is growing up! Now we have to decide what we're going to do about the Tooth Fairy. I do want the excitement of hiding her tooth and getting money the next day, but I don't want her to think it's some fairy.. that's another bridge we'll be crossing soon.
Big week at the Sanders' house :)
No comments:
Post a Comment