I want to capture this past Christmas break for a few reasons: 1 - I have a pretty bad memory at times and may forget what we did by next week; 2 - it was an awesome break and I want to relive it through here; 3 - it was the last Christmas with four children, next Christmas we'll hopefully have our newest member of the family with us. :)
So here goes. I had the blessed pleasure to be off from Christmas Eve through yesterday. It was fantastic!! Nine days (excluding Sunday) of sleeping in - no alarm clock needed. Nine days to spend with my children, husband, and family. Nine days of no work - school or office wise. Wish it could always be like that!
During the first part of the break my mom and the girls did a bit of baking - praline crackers, sausage balls, cheese crackers, etc. Lulu made a mint chocolate chip birthday cake for Jesus - it was DELICIOUS!!!! The kids cut out and decorated sugar cookies to give to our siblings as presents - we had some leftover to enjoy, too and they were wonderful. We were sufficiently sugar over loaded for a few days.
Our family really enjoys playing board and card games, so over the break we learned to play new games such as Swat, My Happy Farm, Barnyard Buddies, and more (I've already forgotten the names of most of them).
We only played Swat as a whole family, the other games were broken up between 3 and 5 of us. Even the youngest, Buddy Boy, could play most of the games (or help out by drawing cards or being the 'banker'). It's so much fun to watch the kids strategies and see them plot out their turns and get so excited when they can make a big move. I love it!
We also watched quite a bit of TV shows and movies: America's Funniest Videos, Up, Looney Tunes, Tweety Movie, and the list goes on.
The kids spent many late morning and early afternoons playing outside, which allowed me time to read or watch a girly movie that they would not care to see. It was very relaxing.
My mom took the girls and I to see Frozen at the theaters (first time I've been to the theaters in a year or more) and it was SUCH a good movie!! My in-laws gave Lulu the Anna and Elsa Barbie's for Christmas, so of course they came to see the movie with us.
We also played many games on the Wii: the new Super Mario (WiiU), Wii Motion, Wii Play, rhythm Heaven, Wii Sports, and Wii Sports Resort.
I tried to have lots of time with the kids as well as allowing them to just play together (and for me to get some quiet time).
I think I took a nap every day except for two days and am really going to miss that - they really helped me to feel more energized in the afternoons.
The next time I'm off for more than a few days will be for maternity leave in April - cannot wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment