Just wanted to write a little post about one of the many joys of motherhood.
As many of you may know, Saturday's are Science days in our household. We devote half of our day to learning, investigating, and experimenting in all things science. Lately, our units have had so much cool stuff they've bled over into Sunday as well - so we have two wonderful days of science.
One of the many joys I have is hearing my kids say "This is my favorite science unit so far!" or "This is so much fun!" or "Wow, cool!" I love being able to pass down the love of learning, the love of experimenting, the love of exploring. It's something I hope my children never lose and something I am thankful that I have yet to lose myself.
Another one of my many joys is to watch Buddy Boy, who just turned 4, dig in and soak up all things science (or math, or writing, or whatever subject we're into at the moment). He may not fully grasp what we're talking about, he may not have as many worksheets to fill in, he may need a little (or a lot) more help with crafting... but to see him so excited to learn, so eager to explore, just makes my heart burst at the seems.
I've been forunate enough that I've been able to experience that excitement in each of my precious children. Yes, over the years some of their excitement has waxed and waned - especially as we enter long division, or multiplying fractions - something that requires a little more effort - but they still have that "Oh, this is cool!" attitude with most things.
I know I would still see this attitude had we put our children in public or private school, but being able to experience it all first hand, is just something I cannot even put into words. It's something so precoius and so tender, I'll keep it in my heart forever, like a secret meant for only us...
Those of you struggling in your schooling, parenting, crafting, whatever... perservere, God has these precious little nuggets just waiting for you around the bend. Search for them, grab them, and never let them go.
No comments:
Post a Comment