Monday, October 22, 2012

366 days

A lot has happened in just one year... one teeny, tiny, year. 366 days (366 instead of 365 thanks to Lulu's birthday, I mean Leap Day).

Since last October, I have...
Lost one of the main men in my life, my father.  The first one, alongside my mother, to love me unconditionally, the hold me, the mold me.

Graduated from college, with my AA.  Took me 10 years and 50 weeks to do it.  Throughout my journey I started a full-time job, got married, had four children, and moved twice.

Celebrated Lulu's birthday at Disney World (in the Presidential sweet.. I mean suite).

Moved back in with mom and the kitties.

Celebrated my 10th wedding anniversary.

Adopted a dog. Lovable, hugable, adorable beagle/cocker spaniel mix.

Celebrated Doodle Bug's 10th birthday.

Gone through a major transition at work that has resulted in a change in employment.

Celebrated Buddy Boy's birthday.

Served on a jury (very interesting!!!).

Almost broken my ankle... fortunate enough to wear a walking boot for the last six weeks.

Celebrated Little Man's birthday.

and many, many more.

I'm not usually a big proponent of change, but God, like usual, is molding me, shaping me, changing me to become more flexible, more pliable, more bendable.  It's not necessarily an enjoyable process, in fact it's quite painful!  But in the end, He's able to mold me more into the woman He wants me to be.

Looking back, if I were in charge, I'd definitely have chosen some different events to occur this past year.  But His ways are not my own, and I lean and trust that His ways are better than mine. SO much better than mine.  Had I been in charge and chosen different events, I'm sure I would've mucked up at least 99% of said events.   Since He's been in charge, he hasn't mucked up one - not even one.

So, it's with excitement, hope, and yes - a little trepidation, I look forward to the next 365 days and what God has in store for me. I hope you're looking forward to it as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment