Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thankful

Last week my husband, out of the blue, took all four kids and went to Walmart and Publix- while I was at work, an amazing feat. He called me while they were there and asked what I needed "Um, lots of things, why?" I said. "Because we're here, getting all of our groceries," he replied. "OH! Did you take my list and coupons?" I asked. "No, I didn't know where it was." "Oh ok, just get whatever we normally get then." I said, trying not to be frustrated. I had about $8 worth of coupons for things at Walmart and Publix and a very detailed list of what was needed. But I decided that whatever he got would be great. It's not like it's his first time shopping for the family. He's had to do it plenty of times when I've been sick or after I've had one of the babies, so he had a general idea of what we get each week. Did he get everything on the list? No, but he did get a lot of things we needed. Did he use coupons? No, but they don't expire until Thursday--maybe I can make a trip to the store to pick up those items - if not, it's not going to break our bank.

Then, he did two loads of laundry. Washed, dried, folded, and (here's the shocker) put up. He also had dinner ready for me when I got home. Did aliens invade and take over his body you ask? No, he's just an amazing man and I'm one lucky lady. :)

Yesterday he washed our windows, window sills, and the walls next to the windows (some had gotten moldy--but I haven't been able to get to due to regular chores). He is just awesome!!

He says he's been lazy for way too long and wants to ease my burden by helping out. He's done this a few times before, but it only lasts 2-4 weeks. I'm hoping he's able to continue this one for a little bit, it is wonderful.

The kids are on their two week break right now and start back to school next week. I told him that he won't be able to do as much with them in school, to which he replied "I know, but I can at least do one or two things." This is just fantastic!

The Lord is really working in his life and it's so beautiful to see.

We've been together for 10 years this week and to see how he's changed over those 10 years is awesome. He went from talking the talk to actually walking it. He has such a heart for the Lord and it encourages me. Don't get me wrong, he's not the only one who's changed - I have too. And it's wonderful to be changing, learning, and growing together. What an amazing journey God has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment