Tuesday, February 23, 2010

10 years

A few weeks ago, my husband reminded me of a very important anniversary, the day I finally came to Christ. It was February 14th, 2000 and I was driving home from somewhere (can't remember where--probably my best friend at the time - Kelli - or Kelleigh as she liked to spell it). After denouncing Christianity and God about 7 or 8 months previously and living life how I wanted it, I realized how empty and unsatisfying it was. I didn't find the freedom I thought I would. Being able to do what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it. So naive. God, in His amazing providence, put people in my life - Christians in my life - to draw me back to Him. After speaking with them about their beliefs and their book, I realized I had it SOO wrong. I spent about a month studying - just to make sure it was all legit - and was amazed at what I saw. Before now, reading the Bible was boring and blasse, now things were leaping off the pages at me. It actually made sense!!



So on that drive home, on the day our country celebrates love, I found out what true Love is.



"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not
love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing . And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails . "1 Corinthians 13:1-8



May you all come to know true Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment