I'm back at work after a wonderful and much needed 2 week break. The kids had a short break from school and it was nice to just hang out and be together.
I finished reading completely through the Bible some time last year and have had the sense that I really need to dig deeper, but don't really know how to start. Well, apparently my husband did, because he bought me 4 Bible study books for Christmas! I started reading the Ruth/Esther study last week and am thoroughly enjoying it. Ruth is one of my favorite books of the Bible, brought to life by our dear pastor many years ago. Esther is also a dear book to me, as our oldest daughter is named after Esther. It feels good to be digging deep again isntead of merely "skimming the surface" as it feels like I've been doing for the past year. I'm excited about the things God is showing me and the things He has in store for me. Hopefully I can better conform to the image He has for me and be the wife and mother I should be.
On another note, this is my "off" semester from school, and already I'm loving it. I only have five classes left to complete my associate's degree, but it will take me a while to finish. Some days I just want to tackle 2 classes a semester and get it done quickly. Then I realize that it's hard to even fit in one class a semester, juggling two is just asking for a stressful disaster. I'll be glad when it's finally over, even if it does end up taking me 11 years to finish.
And I'm leaving with this, some of the new vocabulary Buddy has added over the last month: apple, lap (accentuate the 'a'), down, Lulu, Dassah, mine, Pop (and Pops), I don't know (ah dunno), yes, and my all time favorite 'yep' with a very loud 'p' sound. :) Too cute.
I hope and pray you all had a Merry Christmas and are excited for this New Year God has given us.
No comments:
Post a Comment