Thursday, December 17, 2009

December

Shortly after my last post, I had to run Doodle Bug into the doctor to get stitches on her back. Somehow she managed to fall backwards off of Little Man's toddler bed and hit an open dresser drawer behind her. The doctor could have put in stitches, but said because of how her skin split he'd have to split it even more to get a nice edge on the outside of her cut (it was a long cut with the last 1/2 - 3/4 inch making an oval). Instead, they gave her steri strips. She has a deep scar, but after a few days it stopped hurting and thankfully didn't do any worse damage. The doctor was concerned that she hit her kidney, but test results look good (I wouldn't even have thought about the kidneys).

Also, my school semester ended and I managed to pull out an A in my class (yay!). I think it's mostly due to a teacher that grades VERY easily and hands out lots of assignments - good way to build up the grade. :)

The kids have one more week of school left for this semester and I can't believe it. Lulu has already finished her phonic's book for the entire year - she loved it so much she asked to do it daily instead of 3/week. So in January we'll start her on the 1st grade level. Doodle has learned to multiple and has caught on so quickly! That's one thing that amazes me - how quickly she grasps concepts. In the same light, however, she doesn't deal well with frustration. She is more used to things coming naturally to her, so freaks out when something comes that she can't figure out. I used to be the same way. If something came that I didn't fully understand, I'd just barely get by instead of putting it "all in" like I did with things I enjoyed.

Little Man is doing well in his schooling as well. We're working on number recognition now and will start him learning to write his letters. He already knows what the letters look like and most of their sounds. It's amazing how quickly the younger ones catch on when they have older ones to look up to.

Buddy's now 15 months old and is getting into everything. He's a very curious little one, but it sure does get exhausting making sure he's not being TOO curious, or even cleaning up after he's been curious various places. :) Boys - so different!

Ryan's doing well. He's been playing a lot of board games, as usual, and is so excited for Christmas. He thoroughly enjoys giving out presents, so this makes Christmastime one of his favorite holidays.

I'm looking forward to 2 weeks off a work and a semester off of school. I feel like I can breathe a little bit. :)

This Bible verse has been laying on my heart a lot recently, sometimes I feel it was written just for busy wives and mothers: "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." -Matt. 11:28
As days get busier and more chaotic, often times I feel like I can't do it all. Other times I'm so physically and mentally spent, that I feel like I can't keep going. Then I hear a little whisper in my ear that says "You don't have to. That's why you have Me." and I remember that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil.)" It's nice to have a Father that can whisper things to your heart, just at the right moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment