It's been a few weeks since I updated this, so I figure I'm due for a post.
Things are going well. The girls (and Ryan) have eased into their homeschool routine and I've fielded tons of questions from friends, co-workers, etc. on how to homeschool, requirements, and the never-ending socialization questions. :) It's amazing how people react to homeschooling, some people just turn and walk away while I mention we homeschool our kids and others are fascinated with it. I remember growing up and thinking that all homeschoolers were weird-only knowing about 2 and basing my assumptions on them. Now looking at it I feel so blessed to actually be able to do it. There's almost nothing more satisfying than being able to see your children learn and grow, knowing that you've had a big hand in teaching them things. I can only imagine how God feels when He sees us "getting" things He's been trying to teach us over and over.
Our big excitement this weekend is that Doodle has a birthday party to go to on Saturday. It's for a girl she's been friends with for three years now and they are such sweet girls when they get together. We were afraid we missed her party because we hadn't been to church much in July (when her birthday is) due to illnesses. Last Sunday when she got the invitation she came running up to me and said "Look Mama! An invitation to Megan's party!!!" Wow, she was super excited. I'm hoping we can have her over to play soon. We don't have people over very often, but maybe we can change that.
We're getting ready for Doodle and Buddy's birthdays next week and week after. Can't believe they'll be 7 and 1.. My how the time flies!
Work is really busy. I'll be in training three days next week and hope my brain can contain all the information without exploding or oozing over.
My school starts Monday and as usual, I'm not ready for it.. but I only have five classes left.. I can make it.. I can make it...
Other than that it's life as usual at the Sanders' house; busy, chaotic, and wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment