The kids and I made some homemade ice cream this weekend (recipe courtesy of NickJr.com http://www.nickjr.com/recipes/ice-cream-in-two-bags.jhtml). We put in some chopped up frozen peaches and used Lactaid milk. It was so yummy!! I couldn't believe how easy it was to do, five minutes and we had soft serve peaches & cream ice cream. Wonderful!
Buddy, who turns 11 months old today, is now walking with a vengeance. He still looks like a drunken sailor, but he goes longer and longer distances and has a big opened mouth smile the whole time. He has SUCH a sweet personality. He loves to play peek-a-boo, point to things, throw balls and blocks, and terrorize my in-laws dog. He is actually saying quite a few things now (only distinguishable to us): look, what, Dassah, Gareth, bear, water, and can roar and moo. We moved him into his crib and into the kids room two weeks ago and he's been sleeping and doing fantastic. We've been blessed with such a good sleeper.
The girls started school yesterday, Doodle's in Second Grade and Lulu's in Kindergarten. They had a really good day and were both worn out when I got home. I do math with them in the evenings, so some days it's a challenge because they're tired but last night they were all into it. Lulu sheepishly said "I get to do math now" then proceeded to tell me that she was too tired to do it (an attitude Doodle displayed at the end of last year) which didn't last long. I'm hoping to better manage their math lessons this year.
It's been two weeks since we've been swimming and we're anxiously awaiting going back to the pool.
Other than that, it's been normal stuff; getting ready for school, rearranging our room, watching some lovely classic movies (Audrey or Katherine Hepburn anyone?), and listening to sermons with Ryan.
It's a good life.
No comments:
Post a Comment