With less than a week left until #5 makes her debut, we are definitely in the countdown mode. I made a weekly countdown calendar (out of post it notes, I'm so resourceful) for Buddy Boy to take down each Monday evening. I think it's become his favorite day of the week. Each time he takes down a post it note and sees the number getting smaller, he gets SO excited!
A few days ago, I made another countdown (also from post it notes - thank you 3M), this one counts down the last 10 days. So every night, Buddy Boy gets to take down a post it and right now we're at 5 days and counting. SO exciting!!
In preparation for almost a week in the hospital, then another week trying to adjust to the sleepless newborn nights and active days with four other precious children, I've put together some worksheets and assignment sheets for the kids to complete over the next two weeks. With a combination of my mom and hubby overseeing them for this time, it should make it easier for the kids to stay on top of their math and writing and for the adults to verify what they've finished. I have a few extra (blank) copies ready, just in case by week 3 I'm still an incoherent zombie and can't remember what I have lined up for the kids to complete.
It's definitely going to be interesting, trying, exhausting, etc. But I CANNOT wait to introduce this little one to the family. There are going to be lots of changes for all of us, especially for my baby boy, but each time we've welcomed a little one into our family, we've all changed for the better. :)
Ryan's blog (http://boardgamegeek.com/blog/3281/the-inquisitive-meeple) is doing amazingly well. He has posted 30 interviews to date, and has at least another 10 in process - if not more. He's interviewed some big time board gamers and is making great connections with various publishers and designers. He's really enjoying this project and is doing a great job of balancing the kids homeschool, family life, and the blog (he works on it after school and then in the evenings when I'm going to bed). It's great to see him using his creative juices to keep things rolling. Great to see him passionate about something and to have an 'outlet.'
Probably won't update this again until #5 is here. So praying you are all doing well.
Godspeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment