Friday, March 30, 2012

Three times in three years

We are now officially moved into my mom's house and moved out of the old house - yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 9th was our last night sleeping in the old house. Every weekend since then (and most week nights) we spent our time packing boxes, moving boxes to mom's, or cleaning. It was tiring, hard, and rewarding work and I am SOO glad we're finished!

Well, almost finished. We still have a lot of things to unpack and find places for. Thanks to my husband, who is all about getting it done and not procrastinating, I'm confident we'll have the boxes unpacked and the items stored in the next few weeks. :)

In the middle of all of this, t-ball and softball season has started. Doodle Bug and Little Man are keeping us busy with multiple practices. Doodle Bug is playing real softball this year(the girls are pitching now) and it's been a struggle. She's one of the youngest and smallest on her team, so she's feeling a bit inadequate but she hasn't given up. She listens to the coaches, she tries her best, and has a lot of fun in the mean time. She may not be the best batter, the best catcher, or the best thrower, but she's trying as hard as she can and I'm mighty proud of her.

Tonight the girls best friend is spending the night and they CANNOT wait! I realized that is's actually the first time they've had a friend sleepover, which is weird considering their 9 and 8, but this will make it all the more special. I'm thinking back to the many sleepovers I had growing up, all the giggling, moving watching, coloring, story telling, joke playing, and secrets. What fun it is to be a girl! I hope they have a very fun night and don't get too wild, but we'll see how it goes.

Definitely a night to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment