Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Why do I doubt?

Why do I doubt anything when I know that God is in control?

I've been thinking about this for the past few days as God has miraculously answered un-uttered prayers for our family. We have some needs, He always meets them, we always look to Him to meet them even when it looks bleak. When He shows through - I'm always shocked and amazed.

Here's one example. The house we started renting in August in going through foreclosure - we found this out from the bank in September. Moving is quite exhausting and expensive, you have to take time off from work, find boxes to pack everything in, find time to box everything in boxes, find a truck or u-haul of some type to transport all of your possessions, and find friends and family willing to help you with the actual moving. Then there's the whole "we've never had our own house before, been living with my parents the past 8 years so we don't have a lot of house items" issue, so we had to purchase a lot of things for the house (still have a few of those things on a 'back burner' so to speak). Our savings was drastically hit and we couldn't afford to move again, not until the spring. So, even though we were trying not to worry about what we were going to do and just letting God be in control, it was lingering in the back of our minds.

We kept getting letters from the bank for our landlord. A court date was scheduled for the end of October to decide on whether or not the landlord could have any more extensions. About two weeks before the foreclosure, Bank of America (the loanee) has temporarily halted all foreclosures in the US as they review processes and redetermine some criteria. Is that in God's hands or what?!?! We placed the issue at His feet, but were completely astonished at what He had done - halting foreclosures for the entire US?! How awesome is He!

Now, as we near the Christmas season, we have some needs and some wants that we weren't sure we'd be able to fulfill. Enter a blessed friend from work who just happens to have a few things for the kids - Thank you, God! Enter a blessed family member who just happens to want to send us a gift card to help with the tightness that comes from the holiday season with lots of little ones - Thank you, God! Then another blessing through work - God SOO has this! So, why is it that I'm so surprised all the time?

No, wait. I should be surprised. I should be amazed and astonished. I should marvel at the great things He has done. I should thank Him for allowing my eyes to be opened to His working. May I never take for granted the great things He has done.

How awesome is He!

No comments:

Post a Comment