That pretty much sums up the last few weeks: busy. "House" hunting, finishing the fiscal year at work, finishing the school work with the girls, finishing up school work with me.. phew... BUSY!
We think we've found a place just a few miles from work (not the best side of town), has onsite security, maintenance, pool, playground, and laundromat. Plus, right outside the mobile home we are hoping to get is a huge field and two big oak trees that I KNOW Little Man would LOVE to climb. I think that's where God is leading us. Lots of 'little' things falling into place, makes me wonder if this is where He's leading us.
The work year ends tomorrow. It's been a bit busy making sure all accounts are paid properly and all reimbursements are ready to go for next year's opening. My work isn't as hectic as others in the area, but still keeping me on my toes.
The girls finished school two weeks ago. We're just trying to work with Doodle bug on her math. She is not remember to carry or borrow all the time, so she's getting things confused. We've gone back to square one with her. Praying it will work as she will be evaluated next Thursday (prayers, please!).
I'm taking Statistics this semester and have really enjoyed the class, but am finding it hard to keep up with the course work. We have assignments due every week, which is good because it forces me to stay ontop of things, but I don't get a chance to breathe. I've applied for some financial aid to help with books. I get two classes every semester for free thankfully, but still have to cough up $100 or more for books each semester. I'm praying I get approved, but if I don't then I know He'll provide for me. He always has and always will :) He's cool like that.
God is showing me the quiet times amidst all of the chaos. He's showing me His love and His rest, which I so deeply need at times. Some people ask for more hours in the day, not me - I'd just fill them with more frivilous and confusing stuff.. I just ask that He goes with me through the day, not giving me more than I can handle. Helping me to be a good witness for Him, for His cause. Loving others when I'm out of love, helping others when I just want to sit, praying with others when I'd rather just leave. He's changing me.. it's a good thing, but not always comfortable!
Our whole family is in for a change. When we're used to almost instant access to TV or the internet, we'll be relying on books, board games, and (dare I say it) more family time. I'm really looking forward to it, but it's going to take some getting used to. My prayer is that we draw closer to Him as a family, become the family He wants us to be - a witness to our neighbors, a help to our neighbors, a light in this oil filled world. I'm excited for what He has in store.
No comments:
Post a Comment