Thursday, May 27, 2010

I will never complain of being bored again.. I promise

So be careful what you pray for.

The beginning of this year has been pretty routine, work has been slightly slow, home life has been active but normal (homework, school, grocery shopping, sports), and we've enjoyed many leisurely nights. Well, except for the last two weeks!

Work is quite busy right now as we prepare for the end of the fiscal year. Trying to see what we have left to spend, trying to prepare next year's budget, trying to predict what we'll spend and how. A project I'm working on is coming into full swing - it's a lot of fun! But also a lot of work. One of my co-workers is leaving (her last day is today :( ) and we've been busy trying to fill the position. Who knew that trying to get in applications and call people for interviews would be so time consuming! We have three ladies coming in for interviews this week and next, I'm praying for discernment on the ladies - I want to hire whomever God wants in our organization. So I need to stay out of the way, so I can hear Him (not easy for me to do).

The girls school year is winding down now, only three more weeks left. We're trying to make sure they remember all of the things they learned last semester and haven't fogotten any of the major things like how to write your numbers correctly (Lulu) and how to borrow when subtracting (Doodle). I'm very confident Lulu will pass with flying colors (some of the things she's doing is actually 1st grade work because she finished her kindergarten curriculum early). Doodle is doing well also, but I'm a little nervous for her math and writing. If you're right there with her - she does her math PERFECTLY, but as soon as you leave the room she forgets what she's supposed to be doing. That's been difficult. She KNOWS what to do, but either isn't confident in it, or doesn't care.. I'm not sure which. Also, her writing has come a LONG way, but I'm not sure it's where it's supposed to be for the end of second grade. So we're a little nervous, but just trying to put it into God's hands. We feel lead by Him to homeschool them, so He'll work it all out in the end.

We're also in the process of moving - yay!!! But we have quite a few 'little' things that still need to be done/figured out. We've been spending the last two weeks getting our ducks in a row after work/school/dinner at night and it's exhausting! We're looking into a few places in town and are excited at the prospects. If you could pray for discernment for us on this issue it'd be much appreciated. We want to go where He wants us, not where it seems 'right' to us.

So yes, 'bored' is not in my vocabulary right now.. which is funny, I'm now longing for a leisurely night instead of saying "Again?!?" Be careful what you pray for, He may just give it to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment