Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Amazed

We have two boards hanging up in our living room and the kid's room that we use to display school assignments and artwork. Yesterday, one of the empty tacks fell off of a board in the kids room and Doodle's little foot found it. She came to me crying a little and said "Mama, I just stepped on a tack." I know those hurt, my heart just went out to her! I checked it out and it was slightly bleeding so we put bandaged it and she sighed and said "I'm glad I found it and not Buddy, that would have hurt his little foot so badly. I bet he would have cried and cried." Now my heart really went out to her. What love she was showing! As a parent, I frequently have this same emotion "I wish I would've gotten hurt instead of her/him." My heart just leaps out of my chest. But here, at 7 1/2 (or 'almost 8' as she calls it :) ) she's learning this great love. How wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment