Friday, November 13, 2009

A Boy Weekend

So my in-laws took the girls to see Mickey last weekend. They left Saturday morning and didn't return until late Monday morning. Thus leaving me with three boys (well, two boys technically and one handsome man). Little Man came down with a fever on Friday morning (same virus the girls had two and three weeks before) so we decided to just have a very low key weekend. By lunch time on Saturday Little Man was feeling MUCH better. So instead of lounge around and watch cartoons, movies, etc. we played blocks. Buddy Boy can actually put together megablocks now instead of just knocking down his brothers beloved creations. We built robots, sky scrapers, and houses. It was so much fun! Papa surprised us with Burger King and Buddy ended up eating almost an entire kids meal - he's only 14 months old! Doodle Bug was like that as a baby - what an appetite.

Sunday I took the boys to early church and then we went to visit the new Toys R Us. I think I like it. It's different than before, but still they have great stuff. After a few more errands, Gareth went downhill. He got pale and really tired, so we cut our running around short and went home.

I really enjoyed my "boy weekend" and need to remember that parenting boys is MUCH different than girls. Little boys are going to be rambunctious, they're going to push physical limits ("Look what I can do!") and it's going to scare me - but God has this. He SOOO has this under control. I just need to make sure I give that control TO Him instead of coddling it in my mind and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment