Friday, July 24, 2009

God is Good!!

The girls had dental check ups last month and they both need some work done. Doodle needs four fillings (her first cavities :( ) and Lulu needs a frenectomy (snipping the gum that is making her have buck teeth). We had to send paperwork to our dental insurance company to see how much they'd cover (which isn't usually very much.. sometimes I wonder why we have it...). Last Monday we got a letter in the mail stating they will cover all except $100 for the procedure and won't cover the anesthesia at all. What? They cited that they don't think it's necessary.. on a five year old girl... yeah, anyways. I decided to look at the bright side and instead of paying over $500 for it, we'll only pay $155. So, not too bad.

Then on Tuesday, I was on my way to work and was at a stop light when the van died. The motor cut off and everything was dead. I couldn't get it cranked. Long story short, I was able to get it jumped to Wal-Mart (thanks Mr. LCSO and to my father) to check the battery. I just bought the battery in October, so it was still under warranty--I was REALLY hoping it was just the battery. I went ahead and got an oil change, too.

So 45 minutes later I pick up the car and they say the battery is fine, nothing is wrong with it. I have this really bad feeling and get in the car to drive to work again. Then about 2 miles down the road, boom.. Dead again. I get it jumped a few more times (thanks to my dad) and get it to my favorite mechanics shop (no sarcasm--I really do love them). They say they'll look at it and give me a call when they find the problem. I don't hear from them for hours, so I call and inquire--they don't know what the problem is. Repeat this for the next few days.

To top that off, Wednesday evening Ryan drops our laptop. The screen is gone.. Looks like a great piece of modern art--but not useful at all.. ALL of the girls home school worksheets, schedule, etc are on the laptop. I rush out and buy a flash drive and we're able to use some cords to connect the laptop to my dad's computer screen so we can save all of our files... Then we have the task of trying to find a new PC/laptop.. Man have prices come down!! We were able to buy a fanastic laptop for less than half the price we paid for our original laptop a few years ago.. Thank You, Lord!!


Back to the car... THREE DAYS LATER... they finally find the problem, it's a computer problem - the crank shaft sensor (which is so hard for me to get out of my mouth to say) just needed replacing. Ok, so now's the great part.. I was expecting a bill well over $500 and Ryan and I were even thinking about what we should do if the costs of repair exceed the car's worth... Well, the bill was just under $200. We had the money to spend without dipping into savings and the car is running very well.. Yay!!

So many more things could've been wrong with the car, of I could've stalled out on the interstate going to work, or I could've stalled out in the middle of the road.. Every single stall, God kept me safe and allowed me to get pulled over without too much hastle.. He IS GOOD!!

Just wanted to take some time out and say that.. Yep, He's awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment