A lot has happened since I last posted.
It appears that the illnesses we started April with, have carried over to May.. sigh.. but hopefully the end is insight.
The girls last T-Ball game went well, but it was way too hot out there. The girls played ok, but after the third inning all the kids were saying "Are we done yet?" I think all of the parents were wondering the same thing.
Saturday night Hadassah had a skating party for C4. Originally I was going to leave both boys home with Ryan, but due to his nasty cold, I just left Gareth with him. So Gavin, Zoe, Hadassah, and I went to the skating rink. We had SO MUCH FUN!
At first neither Hadassah nor Zoe wanted to skate, so I just walked with them around the outside of the rink so they could watch other skaters. It didn't take too long before they both said "I want to skate!" So we got their skates, laced them up and I took each of them out one at a time. I walked on the outside of the rink (as I had Gavin in the sling) and held one of the girls hands while I walked her around. Hadassah fell probably 10 times her first lap, but she got right back up and loved it. Then I took Zoe around and she had a better hang of it. She was take itty bitty baby steps and probably only fell twice. After this it was time for the Hokey Pokey. We LOVE doing this at music time, so I was really excited about it. I was able to go out onto the rink with the girls and it was awesome. Now, Hadassah kept trying to stay up right, but she wouldn't keep her little feet still, so I think she spent most of the song in between falling and getting up. We were laughing so hard we could hardly breathe. Now, you might think that's cruel--she wasn't getting hurt, she was just a slippery little thing. Zoe tried to get into the music a bit, but she was pretty shy, so she mostly chewed her fingers and watched other skaters with a sweet little smile.
After another round or two of circles, we decided to rest. I enjoyed talking to "Ms. Page" whom Hadassah goes on and on about when we're at home :) Her husband, the famous "Mr. Todd", gave Hadassah a skating lesson for one lap and she absolutely loved it! Then it was time for pizza and dessert.
The eating part of the skating rink is tile--so I carefully walked the girls over to a table and said "Ok, stay here, I'll go get some food and be right back." Well, that didn't last. The girls just loved having roller skates on, so they followed me around, falling all the while.
Another mom, Ms. Kit, asked if she could watch Gavin while I take the girls out and I said "SURE!" So I took the girls out for two more laps of skating. I gotta tell you, I was so proud of my girls! Zoe pretty much had the hang of it before the night was through, but poor Dassah just couldn't stay up right. We eventually got some pads for the girls, but I think it was too late for help. Hadassah had an amazing attitude about falling-she just kept getting right back up. It was wonderful!!
Well, the next day at church, Mr. Todd gave out two t-shirts for excellent skaters and guess who got one--Hadassah! She told me she said "Mr. Todd, did you see me keep falling and get right back up?!?!" to which he replied "Heck yeah!" Well that was just the icing on the cake for her. :) None of us can wait to go skating again--maybe for her birthday, if they're still open that time of year.
Now for school--with Ryan sick this week, I've been doing Hadassah's school work when I get home from work. Usually, if I step in as a substitute, we have a clash of personatlities.. but this week has been a pure joy. Yes, I'm exhausted, but it has been so much fun learning about why donuts have holes in the middle, what different animals groups are called (a crash of rhinos), and everything else. This is due in part to Ryan's excellent organizational skills. Everything was planned out/printed out, I just had to explain/introduce/teach it.
Speaking of school--I'm back in class as well, taking Argument & Persuassion. I wasn't too excited about it, but it's another class I need to finish my AA. Well, it's only the second week but already I'm really enjoying it. We are currently reviewing MLK Jr's "Letter from a Birmingham Jail" and it is amazing. Reminds me a lot of the Apostle Paul's letters, some of which were also written in jail.
That's all for now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment