Thursday, May 21, 2009

Final Game

The girls final game was Tuesday night. We had a 50% chance of rain starting at 7:00 and the game was scheduled to start at 6:00. I wasn't sure we would have a game, but sure enough we did :)

The girls had a BLAST! All of the kids were completely wound up, I don't know if it's because of the rain or because it was their last game but they were having so much fun. Zoe was the first batter and she smacked that ball, then ran to third base---THIRD BASE!! We have NEVER had a player do that over the last three months. We all just busted out laughing and said "Zoe, go the other way!" Well, Coach Mike was trying to get her turned around and was laughing quite hard himself. She did eventually make her way to first base, but was out before she could get there.

Hadassah has a powerful little swing on her, she just doesn't always connect to the ball :) Something we can work on until next season (which she says she DOES want to play.. I'm just sad it's no longer Co-ed.. oh well).

Gavin sat in my lap or Ryan's the whole time with his little hoody on and his crocs (couldn't find socks--so I grabbed his shoes to keep his toes warm). He was fascinated by the game and by the rain.

I was a bit sad the season was over, we had SUCH a great team. The girls made some new friends: Tyler, Aiden, Aidan, Joshua, Mara, Kate, Andy, Kelcey, and Trace (the last three are incredible ball players---trace had home runs at all of our last games--he's amazing!).

Saturday afternoon the kids had a pool party at Coach Mike's house (in between storms) and had a blast. At one point Zoe fell under and Kelcey's mom jumped in and got her out.. All night I just kept thanking God for keeping her safe, it could've ended really badly.

We had a great season. I hope the girls want to play next year. Maybe we'll try soccer--who knows. It was definitely fun and we have some awesome memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment