Ryan and I are preparing for another wonderful school year and are full of anticipation and excitement. We've purchased our curriculum and have it neatly organized on the book shelves (which won't last very long.. we know...). We've checked the state standards to see that we're preparing grade-appropriate materials and lesson plans. We're finding awesome arts and crafts to go along with special units. I'm preparing recipes for yummy snacks and desserts to help reinforce special units.
It feels like Christmas is coming!!
Seriously. It feels like we've put energy into the perfect presents for our families, like we're making all of those wonderful Christmas cookies, cakes, and desserts. Like we're making homemade Christmas tree ornaments and cards. I can almost smell the pine needles and cinnamon!
Well, actually this weekend at Hobby Lobby I DID smell pine needles and cinnamon - they have their Christmas and Thanksgiving decorations in full swing. I love it! On top of that, Micheael's is setting up all of their Thanksgiving displays and Christmas will be just around the corner...
Going back to the school year, we've decided to make this school year a lot more fun than previous years. We'll still have workbooks and worksheets, but we're going to implement a lot more hands-on learning in the forms of more board games, more experiments and baking, and more field trips.
I cannot wait!
I just wish I could bottle up this excitement into a little perfume bottle. Then, during the year when I'm tired, worn out and thinking "Ugh, just three more months to go" I could squirt the bottled aroma on my wrists and voila! I'd be pumped and ready to go.
If only it were that easy.
Since it isn't, I decided to blog about it. In hopes of coming across this posting in the months to come and remembering just how excited I was right before school began.
Here's hoping it encourages you, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment