Been busy here, I'm taking an English class this summer, so my free time (ie--lunch breaks) are taken up with studying and writing. Phew, half way done.
I got the kids pictures taken last week and the proofs came in this weekend (well half of them did). They're great!! We gave some to my in-laws this weekend and will distribute the rest when all of the pictures come in.
The photographer was great. We were there for an hour and a half, and after about 30 minutes, Gareth's attention was gone. The photographer did a great job drawing him back in. Definitely the best one we've had at that studio.
Mom and I have taken the kids swimming the last two weekends and have had a blast! Gareth can swim laps in the pool! He's wearing a life jacket thingy of course, but he is wonderful. Gavin will even kick his legs a bit, but I'm not about to put him under the water. I know he's supposed to know how to swim, but I'm not chancing it.
The girls are getting more and more used to it. Hadassah and Gareth practiced floating this last weekend and loved it. Hadassah can stand up in most of the pool, so she's venturing out a bit more. Zoe still clings to the side of the pool, but at the end of last visit was actually getting her face in the water with her goggles on. Improvement!
Yesterday we went for a much needed visit to the in-laws and had a great time. The three oldest kids were upstairs playing with Aunt Dustie for at least an hour, maybe closer to an hour and a half. They played Barbie's, Polly Pocket, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. She is so good with kids and they all loved it.
Zoe playing barbies

Hadassah playing Barbie's.
Ryan just got a few new board games and we've been trying them out over the last two weeks and he did a great job picking them out. I'm not one to play a game that takes hours to play or is very involved (after an 8 hour work day, plus all the wifely/motherly jobs I have--I don't want to use my brain after 9:00!) so he got some that are thinkers, but not brain killers.
Speaking of brain killers, I'm completely lost in thought now, so it's a good spot to end the post. God bless you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment